Sign in to follow this  
Loza

Text Guide - Remapping keys for Manic.

Hi guys, 

PMed Croms in-game and he said that this was okay, and that it did not contravene any of the ManicPS rules. This is a quick text guide to the popular method of remapping keys using the AHK software. For example, remapping the W A S D keys with the UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT keys to move the angle you view you character in game.

Step One:

Visit: https://autohotkey.com/download/- Then download and install AHK

Step Two:

Once the program has installed, open up and new Notepad document. Now its time to program what keys you would like to be remapped. This is simple part to remap a key follow this simple process:

(newkey)::(oldkey)

For example:

d::right

This would move the right key to D key. This is my personal preference as is prefer using the W A S D instead of my arrow keys. To remap a new key start and new line and repeat the process. Now this key is remapped you will no longer be able to type the letter D so to combat this after you finish all you Remaps add the following line to your note pad: 

(newkey)::suspend

This will stop the script from running and your keyboard will reset to all its original functions. 

Step Three:
Once you have finished with you note pad document and happy with you new key locations, you will need to save the notepad document.

YOU MUST SAVE THE DOCUMENT WITH .ahk AT THE END OF THE FILE NAME. 

For example my document is called: manicpskeys.ahk 

Step Four: 
Find the .ahk file in its save location. Double click on the file to run the script. You can use your suspend key to toggle the script on and off.

Final Notes: 
Below is how i run my script for anyone interested. 

w::up
s::down
a::left
1::f6
2::f1
3::f3
4::f5
tab::suspend

Reasons for this: I prefer W A S D over my arrow keys. As i travel around a lot i play on a Laptop and my F Keys are tiny so i prefer to remap them to number keys.

F6 is for my members bank

F1 is my inventory 

F3 is prayer tab

F5 is weapons tab

Thanks for taking the time to read my guide! Now go and enjoy your remapped keys. 

- Loza 

Hi guys,

PMed Croms in-game and he said that this was okay, and that it did not contravene any of the ManicPS rules. This is a quick text guide to the popular method of remapping keys using the AHK software. For example, remapping the W A S D keys with the UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT keys to move the angle you view you character in game.

Step One:

Visit: https://autohotkey.com/download/- Then download and install AHK

Step Two:

Once the program has installed, open up and new Notepad document. Now its time to program what keys you would like to be remapped. This is simple part to remap a key follow this simple process:

(newkey)::(oldkey)

For example:

This would move the right key to D key. This is my personal preference as is prefer using the W A S D instead of my arrow keys. To remap a new key start and new line and repeat the process. Now this key is remapped you will no longer be able to type the letter D so to combat this after you finish all you Remaps add the following line to your note pad:

(newkey)::suspend

This will stop the script from running and your keyboard will reset to all its original functions.

Step Three:

Once you have finished with you note pad document and happy with you new key locations, you will need to save the notepad document.

YOU MUST SAVE THE DOCUMENT WITH .ahk AT THE END OF THE FILE NAME.

For example my document is called: manicpskeys.ahk

Step Four:

Find the .ahk file in its save location. Double click on the file to run the script. You can use your suspend key to toggle the script on and off.

Final Notes:

Below is how i run my script for anyone interested.

w::up

s::down

a::left

1::f6

2::f1

3::f3

4::f5

tab::suspend

Reasons for this: I prefer W A S D over my arrow keys. As i travel around a lot i play on a Laptop and my F Keys are tiny so i prefer to remap them to number keys.

F6 is for my members bank

F1 is my inventory

F3 is prayer tab

F5 is weapons tab

Thanks for taking the time to read my guide! Now go and enjoy your remapped keys.

- Loza

Very very handy guide sir thanks for this.